Are you a new mum? Are you feeling exhausted? Here are some tips for new mums to help create more balance so you have more energy to give to your new baby.
- Get connected. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, recognizing any discomfort in your body, the flow of your breath and your overall wellbeing state.
- Breathe more. Next time you start to feel anxious, sit down, close your eyes and breathe in through the nose and exhale out the mouth, slowly and deeply. Try this simple breathing technique to calm your nervous system.
- Be present. Simply being present means putting your full attention and awareness to the present moment (here and now) instead of thinking about what’s happening tomorrow or your to-do list, bring your awareness to your feet and take some deep breaths to bring you back to a state of presence.
- Meditate for at least five minutes per day. If you don’t have the time, a simple two minutes following your breath and saying a simple mantra will work.
- Do yoga. Even if you can’t get to a yoga class, just do some simple cat/cow poses in your living room, or next time you are breastfeeding, say to yourself, “this is my yoga practice” and be present and just look at how miraculous it is to breastfeed
- Be patient. Trust the process of life and things are meant to happen a certain way for a reason.
- Create a self-care ritual that feels good for you. This could include yoga, meditation, read a book, facial, or taking a bath. Do what feels good for you but remember take your time, don’t watch the clock.
- Gratitude list. Before you go to bed, make a list of what you are grateful for. Maybe you managed to get more sleep, or you had some time to finish your tea instead of it going cold.
Remember, you need to nurture the nurturer so you can be of service to others, especially your children.
Leave a comment below on what tips you will implement today.